Last night saw the Donegal riding clubs huddled together in productive discussion at Tir na nOg, ironing out the fine details of the forthcoming league. Thanks to Roisín for summarising as follows:
- Shows 1 to 3 will consist of graded classes and training at cross poles, welcome stakes (50-60cm) and training at graded heights (70cm to 110-120cm). This is great for anyone bringing on young horses, wishing to jump above their own grade, etc. Shows 4 and 5 will have novelty classes for P/AP and Int. & Above, in addition to the training and competition classes. All graded classes will be run under AIRC rules.
- Prize giving for the league (graded classes) will be at the final show. The prizes will be for 1st to 3rd and rosettes for 1st to 6th. There will also be prizes for 1st place of the graded and novelty classes for the final show. Training classes do not count for points in the league or in the Western Region points system. Any rider competing on more than one horse will only get the points for the best placing in that competition. This applies to both our league and the Western Region.
- We depend on the help of our members and volunteers to run the shows. Francis McNicholl will be coordinating the volunteers. A volunteers sheet will be at the entries desk, for members to add their name to. If you see something that needs doing, please ‘chip in’ and/or let Francis know, whichever possible. Your help is very much needed and appreciated.
- Correct headwear and footwear is essential. Members are reminded to observe proper dress, especially at the final. Riders should be mounted at the prize giving, if possible.
- Details are subject to change.
- If a show needs to be cancelled, due to weather conditions, etc. the Secretaries of the three clubs will discuss it on the Saturday before the show, and members will then be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us by 6pm on the Saturday evening, you should assume that the next day’s show is going ahead, as planned.
- AIRC membership cards and equine passports must be produced at each show.